Moderated by: Robert, richw, jk
Do you feel lucky? -  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost

Posted by jk: Fri Dec 18th, 2020 22:48 1st Post
If I had a $€£1million to spare then I would have been very tempted.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4925755857/iconic-ansel-adams-image-sells-for-nearly-1m-at-sotheby-s-auction-total-sales-of-6-4m



____________________
Still learning after all these years!
http://www.jmknights.net
https://nikon-dslr.net/gallery_view.php?user=2&folderid=none
 


Posted by Eric: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 11:55 2nd Post
jk wrote:
If I had a $€£1million to spare then I would have been very tempted.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4925755857/iconic-ansel-adams-image-sells-for-nearly-1m-at-sotheby-s-auction-total-sales-of-6-4m
If I had a million to spare I would prefer to park an RV there for the duration and take the shot myself.

I am a great lover of some of AA’s work....not sure this is his best work though. :hardhat:

I don’t like the horizontal contour lines in the distance and there’s lot of lost shadow detail in that example. 

Needs some PS shadow lightening....

 

Click here to comment on this image.

Think I will hang on to my million quid.  :devil:

Last edited on Sat Dec 19th, 2020 11:57 by Eric



____________________
Eric
 


Posted by jk: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 13:39 3rd Post
Eric wrote:
If I had a million to spare I would prefer to park an RV there for the duration and take the shot myself.

I am a great lover of some of AA’s work....not sure this is his best work though. :hardhat:

I don’t like the horizontal contour lines in the distance and there’s lot of lost shadow detail in that example. 

Needs some PS shadow lightening....

 

Click here to comment on this image.

Think I will hang on to my million quid.  :devil:
I like that approach as well.

However what we (maybe) dont take into account is that the places where these photos were taken are now very changed either through tree growth or deforestation.
Now that Donald is gone the National Parks may get a bit more support from Biden.
I was thinking that maybe I should wait for the Covid to clear and take a trip in 2021 or 2022.


Get thy wallet oot lad, the drinks are on you!



____________________
Still learning after all these years!
http://www.jmknights.net
https://nikon-dslr.net/gallery_view.php?user=2&folderid=none
 


Posted by Eric: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 16:51 4th Post
jk wrote:
I like that approach as well.

However what we (maybe) dont take into account is that the places where these photos were taken are now very changed either through tree growth or deforestation.
Now that Donald is gone the National Parks may get a bit more support from Biden.
I was thinking that maybe I should wait for the Covid to clear and take a trip in 2021 or 2022.


Get thy wallet oot lad, the drinks are on you!
I read a book many moons ago entitled something like.... ‘how to make a million pounds with your camera’.
Cant remember who wrote it or if the author was a millionaire. 



It didn’t work. :lol:



____________________
Eric
 


Posted by Eric: Sat Dec 19th, 2020 17:26 5th Post
Here you are...warped his foothills :lol:




Click here to comment on this image.

Last edited on Sat Dec 19th, 2020 17:28 by Eric



____________________
Eric
 

Reply
1st new
This is topic ID = 1860  
Nikon DSLR Forums > Photography > Photography > Do you feel lucky? Top

Users viewing this topic

Post quick reply

Current theme is Blue



A small amount of member data is captured and held in an attempt to reduce spammers and to manage users. This site also uses cookies to ensure ease of use. In order to comply with new DPR regulations you are required to agree/disagree with this process. If you do not agree then please email the Admins using info@nikon-dslr.net Thank you.



UltraBB 1.172 Copyright © 2007-2011 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1678 seconds (16% database + 84% PHP). 61 queries executed.